The Skintelligence Academy is a free, CDP-certified educational programme to help you refresh and improve your knowledge of key diabetic foot care topics, approved by the College of Podiatry.
Developed specifically for healthcare professionals, the Skintelligence Academy® provides a series of free educational modules, written by experts, covering different areas of diabetic foot care. The aim is to help you refresh your knowledge and increase your confidence when dealing with patients presenting with diabetic foot conditions.
Each module has been reviewed and approved by the CPD Certification Service, so can contribute towards your own personal learning and development programme.
Current module topics include:
1. The Diabetic Foot Explained
This module is for podiatrists, podiatry assistants and healthcare professionals who prevent and manage patients with diabetic foot problems.
The learning objectives for this module are to:
• Appreciate the rationale for foot screening to identify the risk status of patients for the complications of ulceration, infection and gangrene.
• To enable self-management of preventative footcare for people with diabetes.
• To assess and appreciate the impact of common diabetic foot pathologies.
• Identify the evidence-based treatment and management of common diabetic foot pathologies.
2. Diabetes and Mobility Explained
The module is aimed at podiatrists, podiatry assistants and healthcare professionals who prevent and manage patients who may present with issues of mobility.
By the end of the module the healthcare professional will be able to:
• Identify the major effects that neuropathy has on the mobility of people with diabetes.
• Identify the major effects that cardiovascular disease has on the mobility of people with diabetes.
• Identify the major effects that polypharmacy has on people with diabetes.
• Appreciate the treatment and management available to improve or reduce deterioration of mobility in people with diabetes.
REQUEST YOUR COPY OF 'THE DIABETIC FOOT EXPLAINED' AND 'DIABETES AND MOBILITY EXPLAINED' BELOW